Control Invasive Species
- Autumn olive (Elaeagnus umbellata)
- Black and Pale swallow-worts (V. nigrum / V. rossicum)
- Black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia)
- Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense)
- Common buckthorn (Rhamnus cathartica)
- Garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata)
- Glossy buckthorn (Frangula alnus)
- Japanese barberry (Berberis thunbergii)
- Japanese knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum)
- Leafy spurge (Euphorbia virgata)
- Oriental bittersweet (Celastrus orbiculatus)
- Wild parsnip (Pastinaca sativa)
Identify Invasive Species
Report an Observation
- Located at the top of the MInvasives webpage, highlighted in red and located in the toolbar, you will click on “Report Invasives”.
- If you have not already registered with MISIN (Midwest Invasive Species Information Network), click the “Register Now” button on the right side under Create an Account. Otherwise, use your MISIN account information to log in on the left side of the page.
- To register, fill out your user information in the form provided.
- After completing the registration form, you will receive an automated welcome e-mail.
- Once you fill in your username and password, click log in. You will then be redirected to the MISIN Report an Observation page.
- On the reporting page for the observations location, you have the option to locate by search where you can type in the longitude and latitude or locate by map where you can click on the map provided (Map will automatically zoom to the proper level).
- Select what type of information you are reporting, presence or absence data. Then, continue filling out the remaining information relating to the sighting and provide pictures, if available, for verification purposes.
- After clicking the “Submit Report” button, you will be redirected to a summary page that tells you that the point was successfully added and provides you with a record ID for easy reference. You will also be provided with a PDF link where you can download and print the summary page for your records.
Start a CWMA/CISMA
- Beaver Island
- Great Lakes Phragmites Collaborative
- Michigan Clean Boats, Clean Waters
- Michigan DNR Key Topics
- Michigan Invasive Laws
- CLEAN DRAIN DRY
- Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers